Saturday 4 October 2008

No.1 Carrot


This is my beautiful perfect first carrot. 
It's about 8" long, well, was - of course, after skipping home from lottie with it to show the family, it was devoured almost instantly. It was flakee variety.......
...so wonderfully straight don't you think?
Aah! I'm so pleased that I took the trouble to remove the larger stones, to turn in that lovely compost and cover it in the warming envioromesh. The soil is very sandy here and I knew the carrots would love that. I have learnt a lesson with the seed tapes - I'm not put off at all, I just want to make sure I over seed them next time. I'm thinking of trying to get some more in this weekend.

I prepared a raised bed today which I shall plant up tomorrow with cabbage and kales that my lovely sister gave me.

No comments: